[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AFHUB • View topic - Marvel Statues thread
Home      Forum      Gallery      RSS      Contact Us
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:02 pm
Board index » Toy Discussions » General Toy Discussion » Statues

Author
Search for:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:37 pm 

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:26 pm 
thanks guys! :lol:

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:22 pm 
after waiting for almost 2 months, finally got these last night...

Yellow DD and Storm Mini Statues

Thing (got this from binchoy... thanks alvin!), Dr. Doom, Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman Mini Statues (si H.T. nalang!)

Doc Ock and Archangel Archives (preordered from Maxi)

thanks for looking :)

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:51 pm 
Nice haul! Astig Jenn, congrats :dance:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:25 pm 
superb hauls sis!!! love that daredevil stat!!! looks like you're getting ready for a sentinel or a galactus statue huh sis? Congrats and thanks for sharing!!!

"Peace is a lie; there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me" - The Sith Code

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:31 pm 
:o gosh jenn i thought those were full sized ones..I was about to make you kulet about the DD..those are beautiful stats nonetheless..great choices :lol:

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:04 pm 
:lol:

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:39 am 
Finally some new hauls :lol:

Mar-vell

Blackagar Boltagon

exclusive Deathmask Archangel

SIGNED beybeeeh! :shock: :lol:

can't wait for Apocalypse and Thor! sana next month :lol:

BOWEN RUUUULES! :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:14 am 
My three months worth of Marvel hauls:

Before I go on with my new hauls, I would like to share this gem

I received the exclusive base for my Negative Zone Spidey PF recently.

Now it is very distinct from the original PF.

..now to get the classic version hehehe.

Onto my latest marvel acquisitions..

based on Linsner’s take on Felica Hardy, Black Cat: Claws Bust

as to be expected, Linsner shows off Black Cats assets.

Very nice work by DST.

Black Cat Dynamic Forces Bust

Hands down my fave rendition of Felicia hehehe..

by the way this is sculpted by Pablo Viggiano.

looks like kitty wants some milk..

mew mew mew…

Here’s a pic with my DF Black Queen Bust also by Pablo Viggiano.

Elektra DST Bust

I like this wayyyyy better than bowen’s.

could use some paint tweaks but I am happy with it.

Emma Frost Bust by DST

how can she make removing her gloves so sexy? I mean really. Hot stuff!

now off to ebay and search for the diamond version

Ms. Marvel DST Bust

Patriotic and sexy!

Rachel Grey Exclusive Busts (Reg and Death Mark)

IMO this is the most ideal way to display them..shows off Rachels Death Mark and Shi Ar Tatoo.

Bowen Spider Woman Bust

not too impressed by this bust but It’ll do.

Cannot wait for the secret wars costume version!

Bowen Rogue Bust

“Give us a kiss shugah!”

Bowen Psylocke Bust!

now this is how Psylocke should look like! Not that DST statue version..oh wait I have that hehehe.

Bowen Silver Surfer Painted Bust..pag tinopak ako this guy will get a shiny companion piece hahaha.

Archangel Death Mask Bust

this is one of the reasons why I love bowen designs. You will never get this baby from other statue manufacturers. Thanks RB!

"Peace is a lie; there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me" - The Sith Code

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:15 am 
That’s it for BD,DF and DST busts off to some sideshow goodies..

Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Bust Exclusive

I dunno why, but I just find this bust fascinating! I guess I just find it cool coz the mask is removable..

Here’s a shot of the mask details..

Paging Doctora Belo!

and the perfect way to display this dude!

Iron Man Legendary Scale Bust Exclusive

Maskless..

Here’s a shot of the mask details..

Here’s both of the Marvel LSB

Maskless..

size comparison with the Terminator LSB.

..and this is how I plan to display them.

Dr. Octopus Archive Set

another great addition to the line if you ask me..

The very first Archive Set; Thor’s Hammer

no wonder this baby became so expensive..it is awesome!

Here’s my Avengers set..

The complete Marvel Archives Set..for now.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:16 am 
Now off to FS statues..

DST:

Marvel Milestones: Spiderman on flagpole statue

watching over the people of NYC..your friendly neighborhood spidey!

And joining the Fantastic Four 2 Rise of Silver Surfer Hype..I just had to get these..

Silver Surfer DST Marvel Milestones Statues (Painted and Chrome Exclusive Version)

The chrome version is limited to only 500pcs and I got number 25 baby!!!

..the chrome version is definitely the way to go! But since I am a variant nut I had to get this one as well..

Here’s both of em..

These are the only new sideshow marvel stats I got..this first one isn’t exactly new but this is the first time I’ll be posting it coz I only recently got my perfect replacement.

Western Ghost Rider Sideshow Exclusive Flame Base

This thing is just so friggin fragile that I had to return in twice to get it perfectly. Now I am happy.

no cracks, no broken flames on the fig or the base..

Perfect, perfect, perfect!!

By the way, to avoid breakage to the ex flame base, sideshow had a separate styro case for mine hehehe.

My exclusive Ghost Riders.

Emma Frost Adam Hughes Comiquette Exclusive

I’ll shut up now and let you guys enjoy the pix hehehe.

had enough? Here’s more hehehe

Here she is with the exclusive control art

Another pleasant surprise, this baby came in today with the Sauron LSB.

1:1 Spiderman Symbiote Bust

Nothin special, I like red and blue version better..

I just don’t like the way the squeezed in the symbiote spidey insignia. It’s like they made it small just so you can see on the bust..

Another weird thing about this is why are there more of this than the classic red and blue version? The first bust was limited to only 250 and this version has 500! Is the black version more popular now?

Anyway here it is with the classic version..

The trio.

Ahhhh perfect again.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:21 am 
Well, that’s it for sideshow. Off to bowen fs stats

Elektra FS Bowen Statue

I just love the way Elektra is posed in this statue..with her bows and ribbons flowing in the air..

very elegant..

..now the face, that’s a different story hehehe.

Spiderwoman FS statue

I dunno what people are complaining about this piece, I love it! I think its perfect.

..would’ve been nice if she was based on Frank Cho’s art of course..is it?

One of the coolest Marvel villains ever, Apocalypse!!!

two thumbs up!!! Nice work BD!!!

the interchangeable weapon..

“Apocalypse..NOW!!!” hehehe

Finally and at only $200 plus shipping hehehe. Told ya waiting gets you far hehehe.

At last I have a dark phoenix fs statue!!!

“Tremble before the might of the PHOENIX!!!”

This next piece isn’t officially by bowen but it is sculpted by Jim Maddox of bowen designs fame. It is a statue kit which I have yet to have assembled and painted. I am planning to have it recasted twice for my personal collection. I really want one in white, red and green versions.

Simply beautiful! It’s not even painted yet!

Beside the Bowen Phoenix.

Silver Surfer Bowen Statues Chrome and Exclusive Painted Version

ahhh perfection in statue form.

this is how I am planning to display them..

here’s a close up of the base of the painted version.

I am so glad my LCS had these laying around..and good thing my wife is super galing tumawad hehehe.

Now all I need is the hard hero and attakus surfer statues and the life size bust then I am set.

Last but certainly not the least..

My Bowen Sentinel Statue Set..

Sentinel 1

Sentinel 2

Sentinel 3

Mini X-Men bowen statues. I have yet to find Cyclops..

Altogether now!

X-Men..attack as a team!!!

target…acquired!

destroy!!!

Primary objective: Eliminate the mutant group X-Men

“Let’s go you over sized tin can! I’ll send you back to whatever scrap heap you came from bub!”

“Soulless machine! You stand no chance against the elements!!!”

“You are nothing against the Phoenix!!!

Well, there you have it. My 3 months worth of collecting, hard work and investing. I hope you guys enjoyed the pics as much as I enjoyed taking them. More power to you guys!!! Thanks for looking.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:38 am 
wow! :o :o :o best marvel hauls for this month master ryan! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Profile WWW YIM  

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:33 pm 
I dropped by the LCS here earlier and this is what I got..

Classic Thor Statue by Randy Bowen

not so limited..

Beautiful!!!

I was hoping to see the script on Mjolnir but I guess it was too small in scale to pull off.

Asgard theme base

Size comparison pic with Surfer..

Next up..what would Thor be w/o his enchanted weapon

DST 1:1 Thor's Hammer:Mjolnir Replica

the engraved script

Perfect match!

Thanks for looking!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:16 pm 
congrats master MASTER ryan! :) I had to refresh twice before all the pics loaded :lol:

Profile YIM  

Jump to: