[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AFHUB • View topic - Gold's collection
Home      Forum      Gallery      RSS      Contact Us
It is currently Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:18 am
Board index » Galleries » Collectors' Galleries

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209 ... 212  Next
Author
Search for:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:57 pm 
Index list - Please click for faster page access.

[/color][/size]

[/color][/size]

Gold鈤

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:00 pm 
Super Robot Chogokin Space Emperor God Sigma

Opening Credits

Original gattai sequence

Gattai sequence version 2 (shows more detailed sequence)

Godsigma in action

Movable wings on the Big Wing

God Shield

Musou Ken!!

God Sigma has various finishing "slices" in the series.

-Musou Ken Karatakewari (slicing an opponent in half vertically, like slicing bamboo)
-Musou Ken Juumonji Kiri (cross slash)
-Musou Ken Suihei Kiri (horizontal cut)
-Musou Ken Gyaku Kesa Giri (diagonal slash)
-Musou Ken Hangetsu Giri (half moon slash)
-Musou Ken Isshin Zuki (lunging thrust)
-Musou Ken Ichimonji Giri (fast straight slash)

Like an idiot, I forgot to take a pic of Godsigma posed in Big Wing Attack mode (he only did this attack twice in the whole series). Maybe next time :D

Big Wing Attack:

The Good

-Diecast parts include
--Main joints connecting to the torso
--Upper halves of the lower legs
--Kurai Shock cannons on Godsigma's shoulders

-Godsigma weighs 154 Grams

-Highly poseable and is fun to handle, but I guess at this point, it's to be expected of this line I guess (would've been an ultimate fail if they dropped the ball in this category too, lol :) ).

The Bad
-Not much diecast compared to most SRCs nowadays

-No Sigma Breast Final attack gimmick for the wings

-Not much accessories

-No God Tomahawk ( Again? First on the SOC, then here... hnnn..)

-No chrome on the sword

The Ugly

What else? The size. It really feels like a step or two backwards. Making this figure as tall as Mazinger Z?! Why not Mazinkaiser sized? WTH Bandai?

Overall, a decent and fun figure to handle, but that's about as good as it gets. I don't see this hitting high sales numbers for Bandai, generally due to most folks already having the SOC version and this figure pales in comparison to that in so many ways. Plus the character itself is not really that popular I think?

It would've been more palatable, IMHO, if the figure was a) taller, or b) heavier or c) below $40. Sadly, it fails in all categories.

I do appreciate what Bandai's going for here by shrinking the SRC line down in terms of scale, ("back-to-basics" ST versions of the SOC "biggies" while maintaining an acceptable SRP) but they should've at least tried to shoot for one of the three categories I mentioned above. The vintage ST line figures were really heavy to hold.

Sadly, I think the real casualty here will be the likely cancellation of SRC Godmars in light of low sales figures of this release. I hope I am wrong.

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:01 pm 
Transformers Takara Generations Million Publishing Magazine 2015 Vol. 2 Go Shooter

Well.. this tray design is certainly unique.

I've always got a soft spot for Autobot police cars. :)

lol... nice touch with the siren here, Takaratomy.

A straight up redeco of Nightbeat. Comes with Target Master Go Shuta (recolor of Blazemaster from the Legends Class Generations Bumblebee).

I am loving the colors here, which is loosely based off the Japan only G1 Headmaster from the Masterforce series.

Go Shuta

Target on! Chopper blades become a melee weapon.

Dual blade wield

Comparison with Nightbeat

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:01 pm 
Transformers Combiner Wars Legends Class Thunder Cracker

Since it seems we're getting all the seekers in Legends scale, it seemed only right to grab this guy to fill the ranks.

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:46 am 
Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Thunder Cracker

I prefer the big guns over the puny forearm guns.

Thanks to the new guns, the combined super gun looks even more menacing than Jetfire's.

I originally was skeptical about Hasbro reusing the Jetfire mold. I have to say, in the end, I like it. It's not a straight up repaint and the new tooling makes it look very unique in it's own way.

Sadly, the voice of G1 Thundercracker John Stephenson passed away recently at the age of 91, may he rest in piece.

Funfact In the IDW comics, Thundercracker actually quit the Decepticons and wanted a life of peace. :)

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:47 am 
Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Armada Megatron

Hmm.. not bad, the head and overall redeco does have a bit of Armada Megatron flair to it.

Comparison with the Takara Megatron

A while back, I saw a photo of Galvatronus' head on the Armada Megs body. Not bad in theory, but the head does look too big.

Plus the peg's too small for the hole in the head.

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:48 am 
Transformers Combiner Wars Leader Class Ultra Magnus

Hmm.. Articulated hands

Guns and shoulder missiles combine to form hammer

In vehicle mode, Minimus Ambus can't ride inside the cab though.

Minimus Ambus - For those unfamiliar with Ambus' backstory, in the IDW comics, Ultra Magnus reportedly died (lost in space?), but his legend lives on, as Minimus Ambus now dons his armor (the most recent in a line of "one percenters" who can) and continues Magnus' legacy.

With TF Cloud Rodimus

The immortal lawman and duly appointed Enforcer of the Tyrest accord..

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:50 am 
Transformers Generations Arcee

Boy, I'm glad this finally arrived locally, I was planning to grab this off Ebay if it never arrived. :)

I'm planning to relegate this figure to my Generations lineup, while the Takara version hangs out with the G1 toys. :)

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:52 am 
Transformers Generations Chromia

I panicked when I couldn't find the extra pistol. Luckily this sticker on the card cleared things up. :)

It wasn't until I opened the Hasbro figure that I realized that my Takara figure came with two guns, the second gun being a packaging error. Looks like I got lucky with that one. :)

The Takara version is more G1 cartoon accurate (light purple colors, just like in the show). But in the G1 cartoons her alt mode was a small van.

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:53 am 
Transformers Takara Legends LG-13 Megatron

I love the g1-esque head. :)

Guns combine into his rifle.

Small guns can be mounted his forearms.

I'm really not a fan of the telescoping cannon. Wish it could slot in more, that small tip poking out looks really awkward.

Vehicle mode

Lol... I can't imagine how Megatron would look after driving through mud. :D

Sadly it seems a bit short compared to MP10 Prime.

We need a leader class Prime to match this guy now...

Stands roughly 10 inches (counting cannon tip) and weighs 309 Grams

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:54 am 
Transformers Robots in Disguise 2015 Tiny Titans Wave 3 G1 Optimus Prime

Fortunately, this figure is easy to find, just feel for the energon axe and look for anything blue through the peephole. :) He's the only blue one in the whole wave.

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:55 am 
Kabaya Gum Transformers D Figures

Some assembly required

Optimus Prime

Pretty good, each figure stands roughly 2 inches tall.

Megatron

Starscream

Lol.. Awkward...

In a full box, there's two sets. Two sets of "solids" and one set of "candy colored" clear figures.

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:56 am 
Marvel Universe 2015 Wave 2

Doc Ock
Armored Daredevil
Vulture
Eric Masterson Thor/ Thunderstrike
Miles Morales/ Ultimate Spider-man
Shanna

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:57 am 
Marvel Avengers Age of Ultron 3.75" Scarlet Witch

I'm glad this came in, this is the only 3.75" movie styled Scarlet Witch... Sigh... 5 points of articulation. Bummer...

Vision has been revealed for wave 2 of this series. I hope it arrives locally.

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:58 am 
Marvel Legends The Avengers - Agent Coulson, Nick Fury, Maria Hill 3pack

Agent Coulson

"Shades on" alternate head.

Men in Black? Lol.... :)

Nick Fury

Comparison with the old Walmart Exclusive The Avengers Movie ML figure. The older version comes with more guns than this one.

I'm glad they redid this figure, as the old version was too tall, the new legs correct this problem. The new version also has a darker shade of skin, which is more accurate IMHO.

Maria Hill

It's a shame this figure doesn't come with any accessories.

Borrowing one of Nick's guns.

Gold

Profile WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209 ... 212  Next

Jump to: