[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AFHUB • View topic - Glassman's Customs - Batman Beyond Woof pg2
Home      Forum      Gallery      RSS      Contact Us
It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:30 pm
Board index » Galleries » Customizers' Galleries

Author
Search for:

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:19 pm 
Some of you may know me, Even though i'm new here.
I love seeing all the JL/JLU customs here. I cant get enough of them.

Here are some of my favorites:

Gorilla Grodd.

He was sculpted over a cast of Ultrahumanite. I then sculpted the head in wax and made a plastic cast.

Here's Lois.

Here is the pic before painting.

Sheyera

Here is the sculpt and the plastic cast. I just sculpted the head onto hawlkgirls hair piece. I was intedning on making this another re-tool of wonderwoman, but a few errors caused me to have to sculpt everything. The body is not cast ths time, I just used the hawkgirl body that i had been making molds from.

The Question. He was made from a cast lex luthor, the head was sculpted (easiest face I ever did), and the hat and trench are made from sculpy-flex.

Hawkman , Carter Hall & Shayera

Here he is with shayera, as seen in the "Shadow of the Hawk" episode.

He is completely cast in plastic. Even the wings. His head was sculpted in wax as usual. The straps are cut strips of styreene.

Here is the sculpt. As you can see i cheated with the wings on the mask. They are cut from cardboard. and glued to the wax sxulpt before molding. It worked out great.

THis is my second version of Shayera.

My Fall Costom con entry from 2005

Followed by my Spring 2006 entry

The Ultimen.

Zatanna

She is made from cast ( get it cast...spell...) from Wonderwoman legs and torso, hawkgirl arms, retooled WW head sculpted onto the hair, and Cast Mad Hatter hat.

Here is the figure before painting.

JLU & Marvel Bratz

These were my very first JLU figure customs back in 2004.
Justice League Style Spidey

Justice League Style Robin.

I made these back in 2004.

The Justice Lords

Let me know what you think.
The rest of my customs can be seen at the link below.

Last edited by Glassman on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:20 pm 
JLU Hal Jordan.

He is made from the Body of JLU Arkis with apoxie sculpt added for the gloves. I sculpted over the head of JLU Atom(following Grundy's lead) with wax and made plastic casts of it. Seen here.

I tried to get it close to the Holiday Hal sculpt, crossed with the cartoon. Hard getting reference pics of either. So here is what i came up with.

The emblem was made in photoshop and printed on sticker paper.

After Hal, i got on a Lantern Kick
I'm trying to make all the lanterns from The Return,

The Guardians

As usual, i sculpted the head and made plastic casts. For the body, i attempted a sculpt form scratch, but was never happy with the proportions so i figured i'd find another way.

So i grabbed a McDonalds straw and a StarWars figure insert and went to work.

Kilowog

I just got tired of looking at how small Kilowog was, and while i love the customs i've seen of him made from Darkside,
I thoght the scale was a bit too big.

You can see hem here in scale with the Guardian and Hal( Kyle body)
He's made from Martian Manhunter w/ arm and leg articulation removed at the elbows and knees.

The head is a cast of Mattel's.

Here is my latest.

i loved Mace2006's Galius Custom from 2 years ago and i wanted one as soon as i saw his, but never got around to it till now.

I sculpted with super sculpey over a pingpong ball. I added facial features with apoxie sculpt. The arms and legs are sculpey as well.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:21 pm 
Continuing with my lanterns from JLU episodes...

Salakk and Spol

Here you can see how i made them.

Salakk is a new version flash with the elbow and knee articulation removed. Casts of dove's arms were added. The head was sculpted with apoxie sculpt.
It was hard to make out the detail of the reference pic i had so i took some license with his head.

Spol is kyle body, cast of kyle head with apoxie sculpt added.

The hardest part of making these guys... was painting the non traditional lantern symbols. I suck at painting, so i take alot longer to paint than anything else so it can look half way decent when its done. Painting circles is no picnic.

Here are all my lanterns so far...

Here is the reference pic i used.

When i made my guardians last year, i always wanted to go back and change the hair style to make them a bit different.
While sculpting my latest, i did these.

Here is a reference image i used.

Last edited by Glassman on Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:22 pm 
Here is one more for the shelf.

Laravox

He has been sitting on my table since i made Galius Zed last summer/fall. I started him and was too lazy to finish sculpting him.

His body was sculpted with sculpey. Hair and legs were sculpted with apoxie sculpt. His feet are casts of Batgirl's form the box set with penguin and his tentacles are casts of copperheads tail.
When the tentacles were cured, i dipped it in hot water to reshape them.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:23 pm 
If this was rap music, this would be a REEEEEEEMIIIIIX!

I wasnt happy with the proportions of salakk. I said before that it was hard to find ref pics..then i remember this
little thing called Screen Capture...Duh!

So i poped in the episode of the Return and paused it.

SO i hacked up sal's face and rebuilt him. I can live with it now, not perfect but better from front and side

Supergirl With an Attitude aka Galetea.

Headsculpt is a retool of STAS supergirl and the body is a cast of Katma Tui with boots and gloves sculpted.

Professor Emil Hamilton

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:24 pm 
Whats cadmus without its figurehead.

JLU Amanda Waller.

She started out as a cast of Doomsday lex torso with shortened casts of wonderwoman legs and lots of apoxie sculpt.

The head is an original wax sculpt, molded and cast in plastic.

Here is a wip shot of her.
Fate is there for scale.

I've always had love for airmax's turnarounds so i made a little progress gif of my own.

JLU General Wade Eiling (Dress Blues)

He was yet another cast figure made from a cast of Doomsday lex.
His head was my usual wax sculpt, molded and cast in plastic.

I am considering a version in his green fatigues.
3 members of cadmus done.

Here's the WIP

Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:20 pm 

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:40 am 
Hey Glassman,

Fancy meeting you here! Welcome!!!

Be free to post all of your creations here!

I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!

Post Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:35 am 
Thanks for the welcome guys. I got lots of stuff in the works coming soon.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:25 am 
Ever had a custom just come to you while looking the make something else?

This custom just popped into my head and it was soooo easy and quick.
1hour 10 minutes tops. Thats casting parts painting and assembling.

JLU Metallo as seen in season 5 " Chaos at earths core" before the fighting.

He is made from a cast of, who else, Doomsday lex, cast head and left hand from STAS metallo, and a cast starman hand.

One more thing, Eiling kept bothering me for some reason. I forgot his patch and sleeve stripes.

Let me know what you think.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:56 am 
I think... It's ingenius!!!

Your works are really awesome and inspiring! :dance:

I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:07 pm 
awesome work man!

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:39 pm 
Glassman, my man! Good to see your customs here...don't think I ever got to compliment you on your Amanda Waller in particular!!! Awesome, and keep 'em coming....one of the things I truly look forward to is seeing new customs, particularly JLU ones so let's see 'em!!! 8-)

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:04 am 
Thanks for the comments guys. After i get a couple commissions done, i'll be back with more figures.

Question, can any of you guys help me find the Philippine's 6" Justice league unlimited figures? If they are still available i'd love to buy a few. Can Anyone help me out?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:49 pm 

Profile YIM  

Jump to: