[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AFHUB • View topic - Biggest Scare of my Life
Home      Forum      Gallery      RSS      Contact Us
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:12 am
Board index » Non-Toy Discussions » Off Topic Ramblings

Author
Search for:

Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:15 am 
My son is a very healthy 2 year old toddler. If you come to know him he is the kind of kid who always smile and will play with you no matter if you're a stranger to him or not.

Last Tuesday, he caught a cold and some coughing. Probably caught something in daycare or probably me or my wife, since we both work as nurses in the hospital must have brought some virus at home. He was his usual self eventhough, playful, energetic and naughty. Thursday, before I went to work on night shift, I heard him wheezing. I was surprised! He does not have asthma or any respiratory condition. So, having a nebulizer at home, I gave him a treatment which gave him relief. So, I felt he would be fine for the night.

Early morning my wife called me at work and said he had a slight fever and so she medicated him. Again, the wheezing was there so she gave him a treatment. Then I came home, and I was surprised seeing him, although still his active self, but he was wheezing audibly and his nose flaring and breathing with his belly.

I immediately got dressed and rushed him to the ER. After 3hours total of nebulizing treatments he was not improving and had developed a high fever. My friends in the ER recommended to have him transported to the Childrens Hospital which is much to my recommendation as well. It is the scariest sight to see your own child breathe with so much effort. He was practically sweating allover, working so hard to inhale air. And I know as an ER nurse myself, if one gets tired breathing like this.... the scenario will be unfavorable.

As I write this, he is sleeping beside me in his hospital bed, but still gasping for air, although not as bad as before, but still labored. I can't help but wonder if I was short of my judgement. If I have waited too long to act... Regrets yes... I may have prevented this... Need your prayers guys!

I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:09 am 
Sorry to hear about your son, Lance. Do you know what it is? Is it some kind of allergic reaction to something?

We'll be praying for him and his recovery.

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:53 am 
Before he got transferred to the Children's Hospital the ER doctor diagnosed him with Bronchiolitis. It's like a pre-condition to asthma. It is usually caused by a virus. Or, an allergic reaction viral in origin.

What I could not really understand is that how could a healthy kid as mine go down so sudden and as bad as this? Scary bro! When I brought him to the ER (where I am working) I was practically the one managing his care. I was trying to focus on tasks that I routinely give to patients like with my son's condition, but I was totally out of sync. I was panicky and nervous. I was bugging my friend ER doctor to expedite his care...

Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:58 am 
I can totally understand what you mean. I think it's natural for parents (medical practitioners or not ) to be panicky when faced with something like this.

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:43 pm 
We will include him in our prayers... He has you for a Dad, He's in good hands.

http://cheepuck.com

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:15 pm 
So, I left my son last night showing a bit of improvement from his breathing but was still getting respiratory treatment every 4 hours. He was still not out of the woods. Early morning my wife texted me that he slept all night and was breathing a lot better. As soon as I got back in the hospital, he was practically a new kid with renewed strength. Seeing him that way, I was convinced that ALL WILL BE WELL. And it was true, the doctor came and agreed to release him later today. He's now HOME. THANKS TO ALL WHO SHOWED THEIR LOVE, SUPPORT and PRAYERS! This was truly a MIRACLE...

Jump to: