[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AFHUB • View topic - Star Trek XI
Home      Forum      Gallery      RSS      Contact Us
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:46 pm
Board index » Non-Toy Discussions » Media » Movies

Author
Search for:

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:14 am 

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:49 pm 
Bruce Greenwood has been cast as Christopher Pike, the Starship Enterprise's first captain, in J.J. Abrams upcoming re-imagination of "Star Trek" says Reuters.

The character of Capt. Pike appeared in the original unaired pilot that Gene Roddenberry created. Scenes from the rejected pilot were then re-incorporated into a two-part episode entitled "The Menagerie".

Also, Abrams former "Alias" workmate Rachel Nichols says she's likely to have a role. Shooting began yesterday on the project in Los Angeles.

Winona Ryder is set to play Amanda Grayson, the human mother of a young Spock (Zachary Quinto) in Paramount Pictures re-imagination of "Star Trek" reports StarTrek.com.

Ryder joins a cast that includes Leonard Nimoy, Eric Bana, Zachary Quinto, Chris Pine, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, Anton Yelchin, Zoe Saldana, John Cho, Bruce Greenwood and Rachel Nichols.

The film, which began shooting this past Wednesday on the Paramount Pictures lot, is scheduled for a Christmas Day 2008 release date. Jane Wyatt previously played the role in both the original series and "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home."

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:24 pm 
The money shot from the teaser trailer hitting cinemas today with the release of "Cloverfield" has been posted online at AOL Moviefone and shows off the hull of the Enterprise being constructed. Click below for a larger version, and make sure to read my article from the other day about the preview's content and reaction.

Also today are photos of the cast members attending the "Cloverfield" premiere on Wednesday and they reveal Karl Ubran's new McCoy-esque haircut. Finally the official site for the film has opened, there's nothing there yet except the blue Federation logo that is in place of the title on the teaser trailer.

http://movies.aol.com/movie-photo/star- ... ast-photos

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:34 am 

Profile YIM  

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:40 pm 
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4XXydDEkG0[/youtube]

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:19 pm 
The first reviews are in!!! All of them are so far positive, citing the film as "the best of the movie franchise to date, even better than The Wrath of Khan". These reviews come in the heels of the World Premiere at Sydney, Australia and a secret movie premiere for fans in Austin,Texas hosted by none other than Leonard Nimoy!

Here are a couple of the reviews:
http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=fil ... _star_trek
http://www.totalfilm.com/reviews/cinema/star-trek-1

Plus, a new clip featuring Karl Urban as Bones McCoy is up. You'd swear he was DeForrest Kelley! He nailed Bones, absolutely nailed it!

Check it out: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/180975280 ... 5#12865145

Only 30 days to go!

Spock is my homeboy.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:25 pm 
I'm also eagerly awaiting for this to start showing (next to Terminator: Salvation, of course).

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:16 pm 
I am at a loss for words. The movie was freakin awesome! I have been a Trekkie since my elementary years and I've watched all of the films and have seen all of the tv shows (including spoofs and documentaries)...this one blows them all away!

Spock is my homeboy.

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:49 am 
I watch it last night! Whahoo! Best trek movie ever! There's lots of easter eggs for long time Trek fans...and very accessible for new guys also. Heck, even my gf enjoyed the movie! I really like how they are able to have the movie in continuity...and at the same time, be able to have a new continuity for future films! I just wish they were able to put some of the cast of the next generation in the film, something which was tackled in the prequel comics from IDW.

Post Posted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:01 am 
I agree with Buffy, this is actually the 2nd Trek film I watched (my first being Generations). Spock and Kirk are the real stars in this film, and from the looks of it, this looks like the new Trek continuity that the franchise is heading to.

Tempted to buy the 12" Kirk and Spock and even the Electronic Enterprise

Post Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:52 pm 
Loved how they did this relaunch of sorts! Very well written.! 8-)

It's too bad Shattner was written out, he was supposed to have a short cameo leading up to the famous "these are the voyages.." line, but he got too greedy, wanted a bigger part and was totally written out instead (see Wikipedia for more on this).

Gold

Profile WWW  

Jump to: