Home      Forum      Gallery      RSS      Contact Us
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:58 am
Board index » Non-Toy Discussions » Sports

Author
Search for:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:12 pm 
Celtics are a much more complete team and they way KG played he deserves to win it more than Kobe aside from the fact that he might be in the downhill of his career in a year or 2. Lakers badly missed Bynums's big body and rebounding. They need to trade a guard or 2 as well, get a quality vetran shooter and defender. Drop Farmar or Radmanovic. They need Ron artest :lol:

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:13 pm 
Naughty Boy wrote:

Hahahahaha, or maybe that Manu just chose to be wise, not risking his NBA career. Though both are Spurs, Pop is an American first. :lol: Besides, Argentina's chances are a lot lot slimmer now compared to '04. They now have to contend with a much improved Spanish, Greek and the favorite, team USA.

Yam, you're so right in pointing out that Argentina is definitely as strong as they were in 04..and that Spain and Greece are even better now!..Im hoping anyone else but team USA wins it if only because I truly think they have become a cocky bunch of ar$e$ since after the first dream team....it's also wonderful watching a less talented but fundamentally based team methodically eat up an overwhelmingly talented group of individuals....sort of like the blazers beating the supposed juggernaut that was the 76ers back in 77(WHICH I have to stress I only saw on VIDEO!!!! :lol: :lol: )....at any rate, this should be a competitive and exciting Olympic tourney....

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:16 pm 
Naughty Boy wrote:
Celtics are a much more complete team and they way KG played he deserves to win it more than Kobe aside from the fact that he might be in the downhill of his career in a year or 2. Lakers badly missed Bynums's big body and rebounding. They need to trade a guard or 2 as well, get a quality vetran shooter and defender. Drop Farmar or Radmanovic. They need Ron artest :lol:

Speaking of Radmanovich, there's one bad egg in the European basket....doesnt he get your vote as "Dimbulb of the Playoffs"????? :lol: Dont think Ive ever seen one worse than him...oh but wait...there's this guy called Ricky Davis....hehehe!@!@!!! They should have a lightbulb screwing contest..... :oops:

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:17 pm 
RG wrote:

Yam, you're so right in pointing out that Argentina is definitely as strong as they were in 04..and that Spain and Greece are even better now!..Im hoping anyone else but team USA wins it if only because I truly think they have become a cocky bunch of ar$e$ since after the first dream team....it's also wonderful watching a less talented but fundamentally based team methodically eat up an overwhelmingly talented group of individuals....sort of like the blazers beating the supposed juggernaut that was the 76ers back in 77(WHICH I have to stress I only saw on VIDEO!!!! :lol: :lol: )....at any rate, this should be a competitive and exciting Olympic tourney....

Even though I do have a dislike for the typical young cocky African American NBA player. I still can't relate to players from other countries because I grew up watching the NBA, plus hard to admit- the Pinoy colonial mentality. hahahaha. Thats why I am still rooting for them :lol:

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:35 pm 
RG wrote:

But if they continue their AND 1 ways, we're gonna be seeing the end of USA Basketball's Dream Team reign forever pretty soon I think. (Did that make sense????)...but Pat, you're right...no college players are ever gonna beat the European teams now...not unless The US re examines basketball training at th grassroots again and see where they went wrong..... = AND 1!!!!!!!!!

IMHO US team is not a power house anymore it's way different now than before. I think it's good for the game. honestly I think the NBA Trophy should be US champion and not World Champion cause it's really misleading.

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:26 pm 
carthut wrote:

IMHO US team is not a power house anymore it's way different now than before. I think it's good for the game. honestly I think the NBA Trophy should be US champion and not World Champion cause it's really misleading.

Kinda obnoxious and arrogant if you think about it..... :?

Like I said, watching the methodical game can really be a joy to watch if you can get past te crossovers and the dunks and all that flash. I mean, it is an awesome spectacle to see someone score 81 once in a while or a 6'5 guy dunk over a 7'6 guy and all but there's also the appreciation for the little subtleties in the game that oftentimes spell the difference between just wins and a trophy/ring/medal....kinda like the Spurs in their prime or the Celtics in this year's finals picking the Lakers apart little by little..... :)

Profile YIM  

Post Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:29 pm 
Naughty Boy wrote:

Even though I do have a dislike for the typical young cocky African American NBA player. I still can't relate to players from other countries because I grew up watching the NBA, plus hard to admit- the Pinoy colonial mentality. hahahaha. Thats why I am still rooting for them :lol:

....but hey! I love the game, both American and European!!! :)

Profile YIM  

Jump to: