[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
AFHUB • View topic - the end of ML BAFs?
Home      Forum      Gallery      RSS      Contact Us
It is currently Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:32 pm
Board index » Toy Discussions » Marvel Toys

Author
Search for:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:05 pm 
from a poster in fwoosh:

Mandalore2172
Runs Around in Tights

Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:16 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was talking to the Hasbro Legends guys and I asked about Valkyrie, Bi-Beast & Red King. I was told the Red King Sculpt just didn't turn out well and no tooling was made. However, tooling was made for Valkyrie and Bi-Beast so they are just trying to see how they can get them to us. They looked at Dragon Man but could not see a way to get a figure that size in a line-up.
2 packs are the new way Marvel Legends will be coming out. After the store exclusive waves and Foom, BAF's are done. I asked about a 3 3/4 line and either they absolutely denied it. We'll see on Friday.
HTS booth was worse than last year. They capped the line by about 6:20. I didn't get Destro last year but at least I was able to get in line on Preview Night. This year I was not even able to do that. I then went to Mattel and then a guy said no Lobo's tonight so I left. I loitered by the HTS booth and asked a very nice young lady to get me a CC exclusive. She got me a black one and picked up the Disturbance in the Force and the Savage Land sets as well. I also picked up the 3 3/4 Hellboy. That took about a half hour wait in that line and it was small. Fun times though. Fun times.

hope its not true

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:59 pm 
Not exactly, I think we can expect the end for oversized BAFs but the next ML series (Still a Walmart Exclusive!! Curses! :duh: ) will be build an "Ares".

Gold

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:18 pm 

Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:19 pm 

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:24 am 
Sweet freedom. I concur :D Love the figs, hate the cost.

If the bafs do end, at least we won't have to buy 8 figures to complete a baf, and the baf shouldnt have been a baf in the first place (annihilus, ronan, ares)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:07 pm 

Profile WWW  

Post Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:06 am 
man that's really sad, this was what really changed the toy industry game... what it could've been.. ya know..? well maybe DC won't drop the ball on the concept.

Jump to: